Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Secrets to a Great Cup-Cake


My number one secret to a great cup-cake is LOTS of icing. 

My number two secret is I purposely do not make huge, pop-over cup-cakes.  I don't want too much cake ratio to icing. 

And ... My third secret is NOT to over bake it.  For the last 5 minutes of baking time, place the cup-cake pan directly on top of an air-bake cookie sheet.  This allows the middle of each cup-cake to finish baking, while preventing the bottom from over baking.

3 comments:

  1. I'll try the air pan, good idea! Ummm, don't you have some sugar issues in your house....? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I've just go to say, you make the best cupcakes, cookies, cake, well, lets just say you make the best ever desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything in moderation ... With Type I Diabetes it's more about matching up insulin with carbohydrates.

    ReplyDelete