Monday, April 4, 2011

Party Game

We recently played this game for the first time at Jason (my son) and Nicole's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner.  It was a huge success!  It would also work great at an anniversary or birthday party.  I got the idea from a photo caption contest in a magazine.  I thought, "Why not have my own, photo caption contest?"  So, I chose an interesting and complimentary photo of the soon-to-be, bride and groom.  He was down on one knee, proposing to her on the shore of a beautiful lake.  The guests wrote their name and caption on small papers and put them in the designated gift bag.  At the appointed time my husband read the captions.  Some were serious or romantic, while others were hilarious!  The bride and groom were the judges, and picked two runner-ups, and one winner.  The prize was a $10 gift card to Starbucks, and the judges also received a $10 gift card.  Looking back, I wish I would have had prizes for the runner-ups ... Next time.  Furthermore, this game brought the whole group together for the activity, and was a great time of laughter, not to mention a fun way to focus on the guests of honor.  I plan to play this game at my mother's, up-coming, 90th birthday party.  Feel free to "borrow" it!

2 comments:

  1. great idea!!!! Thank you, Mary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a super fun game! The things people came up with! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete