Friday, June 10, 2011

Fruit Salad

Combine your favorite fresh & canned fruit.  Then add some vanilla yogurt to create this yummy fruit salad.
Makes a very popular side dish or dessert!


This particular fruit salad serves about 8 and I used: 

1 - large can sliced peaches, drained & chopped
2 - small cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 - container strawberries, washed, dryed & diced
2 - cups grapes, washed & dryed
3 - medium bananas cut in small pieces
1 - cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
3 - tablespoons peach juice

I pour my extra juice from the peaches & mandarin oranges in with my orange juice that I always have on hand in my fridge.

If you are making this fruit salad a day ahead of time, wait till at least a few hours before serving time to add the bananas. 

If someone you love has issues with dairy products you may replace the yogurt with extra peach juice.

To keep my fruit salad cold for pot luck dinners, especially when I bring it to church and I'm not sure if there will be enough room in the fridge I do the following.


                                   Place a bag of ice in a large plastic bowl.

Place the bowl of fruit salad (covered with plastic wrap) on top of the bag of ice.  This works well for hours.

I've also used this bag of ice trick directly on the kitchen counter or table.  Simply double bag the ice to help ensure it won't leak all over the counter as it melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment