Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Buffalo Peaks in Colorado


We recently spent a beautiful afternoon near the Buffalo Peaks.  It was an awesome day with the family, and I saw my first bear in the wild! 


Anna Marie took this shot of me.





Buffalo Peaks are about 90 miles west of Colorado Springs.




We day-camped by the creek.



 Notice the creek crossing the landscape.



 The ripples make a cool pattern in the water.



 Lots of green ...



 ... makes a beautiful mountain-side.



 This is a nice spot to get out of the wind.



 Wild irises are in bloom.



 Lovely!



 Mountain Man takes a nap.    ~    Is he really in there?



Elk like the aspen bark.  You can see just how far they can reach.




I shot my first bear!




It was a dream come true.




I might have been scared, but we kept a safe distance, and Jeff & Zach were carrying side arms (as a last resort).


Good-bye little black bear.




Day is done.    ~    Perfect.


O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.     ~Psalm 34:3~

No comments:

Post a Comment